Sunday 10 November 2013

Week 4- Inspiration

Researching for style inspiration:

I have decided that I am going to use stop motion animation for the old man cottage scenes. Here are a few examples of the style that I want to achieve:


What captivated me most was the overall charm of this animation. The use of lighting stood out to me too. The contrast of warm low key lighting where the characters are gathered round the table reminiscing on happy memories. Then cutting to the wolf character where the lighting is very cold and dramatic, casting heavy shadows and silhouettes. 


The style of the characters in this animation is how I imagined my old man character to be. 



I found this animation and thought it fascinating the way the characters came alive from the books. This made me realise if I should have my fairy character interacting with the book characters when she explores the book environment. The fairy must not like the environment she is in, until she visits the old mans memory book.


This website shows the production method of an short stop-motion animation film. I will use this site to gain further knowledge on what methods to use for my animation.

A video exploring a living room set in the style of stop motion but is fully CG created using Maya, 3DS max and Vray


This image is from the film 'The Pagemaster' (1994). The fairy characters in this film are how I would like to create my fairy character. The character will have little identity, so the performance of this character will be the main focus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment